- Tips for entrepreneurs: Develop a business plan and choose an entity
- Title Matters Affecting Parties in Possession: Adverse Possession, After-Acquired Title, & The Rule Against Perpetuities –
By Susan A. Stanton
- Real Estate vs. Oil and Gas Developers –
Presented and Authored by: Susan A. Stanton. Co-Authors: Pascal P. Piazza and, for the State Bar of Texas 32nd Annual Advanced Real Estate Law Course, July 8-10, 2010, San Antonio, Texas.
- Drafting Basic Agreements Used in Developing Oil and Gas Prospects – Co-authored by Susan A. Stanton and Terry I. Cross, presented to 2009 Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Special Institute on Oil and Gas Agreements: The Exploration Phase, Santa Fe, New Mexico, April 30 – May 1, 2009.
- Preparing and Drafting Agreements Used in Developing Oil & Gas Prospects – Cco-authored by Susan A. Stanton, and Terry I. Cross for the 2008 AAPL Summer Land Institute, Houston, Texas, August 26, 2008
- Participation, Farmin/Farmout Agreements (Non-Seismic) – By for the 2007 AAPL Annual Meeting Workshop on Contracts & Agreements Used in Oil & Gas Trades, June 13, 2007, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- The Nonparticipating Royalty Interest: Some Known and Misunderstood Dimensions – By Pascal P. Piazza, for the State Bar of Texas March 2003 Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section Report.
- Mechanics and Materialmen’s Liens on Outer Continental Shelf Lands – By Pascal P. Piazza, for the State Bar of Texas December 2002 Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section Report.
- After Acquired Title Revisited – By Susan Stanton, Presented at the Ernest Smith Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Institute., University of Texas, Houston, Texas, March 26, 2004: Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Journal, Vol. 42, No. 2, 2005.
- Seller’s Duty to Disclose to Buyer by for the American Association of Professional Landmen, Landman’s Workshop on Acquisitions and Divestitures, May 21, 1999; The Landman, July/August 1999; The 47th Mineral Law Institute, LSU Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, March 30-31, 2000; the Energy Law Institute, Oil & Gas/Power, South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, August 17-18, 2000.
- Lease Maintenance and Shut-in Royalty Issues – For The Landman, November/December, 1998.
- Lease Maintenance and Term Royalty Issues For the Houston Association of Professional Landmen 29th Annual Technical Workshop, Houston, Texas, April 6, 1998.
- Ethical Responsibilities of Attorney and Landmen in Oil and Gas Transactions – For the Landman, January/Febuary, 1997; South Texas College of Law, Oil & Gas Institute, August 7, 1997; and Dallas Bar Association Energy Law Section, Review of Oil and Gas Law XII, August 21, 1997.
- Drafting The Retained Acreage Clause: The Effect Of Governmental Authority On Retained Acreage – Presented to the State Bar of Texas 27th Annual Advanced Oil, Gas And Energy Resources Law Course, Houston, Texas, October 9, 2009.
- Marital Property Issues: Effects on Land Titles and Curative Implications – Co-authored by Pascal P. Piazza, Dean Williamson, James Barnett, Jr. and Maurice Bresenhan, Jr., Curing Texas Land Titles II, March 25, 1985.