Houston Civil Litigation Lawyers
Zukowski, Bresenhan & Piazza LLP represents clients involved in a broad range of civil litigation, from breach of contract, to real estate litigation, to general business disputes throughout Texas.
Our trial lawyers principally focus on civil and commercial litigation and arbitration matters. Our trial section bridges experience (Maurice Bresenhan, John Zukowski, Marc Magids and Pascal Paul Piazza – 40+, 32+, 30+ and 29+ years) and draws upon backgrounds ranging from the technical to the financial to the social scientific.
Our trial attorneys work closely with our other attorneys drawing upon their respective transactional knowledge. Some of our trial attorneys also are transactional attorneys themselves complementing the two areas of practice. As a result, our trial lawyers have litigated or arbitrated significant issues in:
- Oil & Gas,
- Real Estate,
- Corporate Formation and Governance,
- Environmental Releases and Remediation,
- Personnel Placement Fees and Operation, and
- Contract, Sales and Manufacturing.
The trial lawyers work with experienced legal assistants. They provide important technical support.
The trial section handles all phases of litigation and arbitration, including, without limitation:
- Counseling to try to avoid litigation or arbitration;
- Counseling in anticipation of litigation or arbitration;
- Drafting demand letters;
- Initiating lawsuits and arbitrations;
- Compelling arbitration;
- Preparing or responding to pre-trial discovery;
- Drafting pleadings;
- Preparing for, taking and defending depositions;
- Preparing or defending most common motions, including, without limitation, motions to compel discovery, motions for summary judgment and motions to exclude experts;
- Prosecuting or defending applications for emergency relief (temporary restraining orders, temporary/preliminary injunctions, receiverships, and pre-judgment collection activities);
- Trial preparation;
- Post-trial practice;
- Handling all phases of appeals in state and federal courts;
- Handling and defending post-judgment collection activities.
Our trial attorneys have appeared in lawsuits or arbitrations throughout Texas in state and federal court. They have respectively also appeared or been admitted to practice in certain federal and state courts outside Texas. Our trial attorneys have created legal precedent that has been cited hundreds of times. Maurice Bresenhan & John Zukowski are each Board Certified in Civil Trial Law.